These policies are in place to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable time for all attendees and staff within the venue. We want everyone to enjoy their time with us, so please be sure to take the time to read through the policies.
- Passes must be worn at all times.
- You will need to supply a copy of your EventBrite ticket that was provided when you purchased a pass(es) through EventBrite. Either by supplying a printed out paper copy or a digital copy on your smart phone. Also to expedite orders remember to bring along a valid (non-expired) form of ID.
- If you wish to upgrade from a single-day pass to a full weekend pass, you can proceed to registration and ask for an upgrade. You will pay the difference between your day pass and a full weekend at-door prices.
- All Passes are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Children under 10 years of age are free with the accompaniment of an adult with a single-day or full weekend pass.
- For all R/18+ events, you must present a valid photo ID. It must be non-expired, and that clearly shows your birthdate, and photo.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Parents/guardians are in charge of any children in their care, and therefor must monitor their behavior and actions. In the event that a child is separated from their parent or guaradian, please find convention staff/volunteer or venue security who will bring them to the registration desk.
- METAL PROPS OF ANY KIND ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- PROJECTILE PROPS ARE ALSO NOT PERMITTED. THIS INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO NERF DART GUNS, WATER GUNS OR PISTOLS, BOWS, ETC. IF YOU ARE UNSURE, PLEASE SEND US A MESSAGE ASKING ABOUT IT.
- No props may have a sharp edge which makes it easy to slice. All edges must be dulled. It is up to our Weapons Master or security team to decide on what is dull enough.
- All props must be easily transportable and easy to carry. It must also not cause a blocking hazard to hallways or doorways.
- All fake (toy) guns must have a neon orange tip featured on the barrel. Orange tape will also be supplied at Weapons Check.
- All items that expel gels, powders, liquids, paint, spray, glitter, or any such thing are not permitted within the hotel.
- If you purchase weaponry from our Exhibitors Hall, it must be kept wrapped in its original packaging until you get back to your hotel room or car. If you wish to use the weaponry for a cosplay, you must proceed to Weapons Check located near registration and present it to them in the original packaging, where they will make a determination on its viability.
- If your prop is rejected by Weapons Check, you must return it back to your hotel room or car. FrostCon and Holiday Inn will not provide storage of any rejected props.
- The first time you break any rule regarding our props policies, you will be escorted to Weapons Check to check in your prop. The second time, your pass will be revoked without refund. Furthermore you may face banishment from future FrostCon's if the offence is severe enough.
- OVERCROWDING HALLWAYS, ROOMS, AND STAIRWELLS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND IS AGAINST LOCAL FIRE CODES.
- Alcohol will not be allowed within the convention space.
- Drugs, theft, and vandalism will not be tolerated. These are illegal actions and will be treated as such.
- All attendees are expected to conduct themselves in a proper fashion; we don't want anyone ruining it for others.
- If you aren't allowed to do it outside the convention; you can't do it inside the convention either - Sitting in the aisles and seating beyond a room's capacity is not allowed and against building and fire regulations.
- Please be respectful of other attendees; this means please limit discussions in panels, screenings, and other events, ask for pictures before you take them, and please ask attendees before you glomp, hug, or invade personal space, and keep in mind that they have the right to say no (NO means NO!!!)
- Disruptive behavior, such as horseplay or using props in an inappropriate manor, will not be tolerated at FrostCon. You will be given a warning, and then expulsion from the convention space and loss of convention pass.
- FrostCon staff retains the right to expel anyone from events who may be a threat to the safety of attendees and the venue itself, FrostCon, host venue and any other business in the area are non-smoking spaces. Smoking is prohibited.
- The equipment within the building is either the property of the hosting venue, or FrostCon staff. ***DO NOT TOUCH***. If you are caught touching the equipment it will result in a warning and/or loss of membership and expulsion from the convention and venue.
- FrostCon will have a lost and found located at Registration.
- Photography is not permitted within the lobby (Registration), Atrium, Pearson Room (Cosplay Lounge), elevators, doorways and stairwells.
- Photography is limited within Halton Hall (Exhibitors Hall), Harvester Hall (Community Hall), Burlington Hall (Main Events), panel rooms, hotel pool deck, hotel fitness centre and Alloro Restaurant.
- Tripods, Backdrops or Free-Standing Lights setups will have restricted use of them within certain areas of the hotel.
- At FrostCon, we believe in the firm stance that is Cosplay is NOT Consent. However, we believe in a further stance, that everyone, regardless if you are in cosplay or not, deserves the right to be asked before any pictures are taken. As the entire Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre is private property, per law, a reasonable expectation of privacy is accepted. Those that are found taking pictures without permission will receive a verbal warning (first offence). Any further infraction will result in a revocation of your pass without refund, as well as being escorted from the building. Furthermore you may face banishment from future FrostCon's if the offence is severe enough.
- Those that are found harassing or touching others without permission or consent may have their pass revoked and will be escorted from the building without warning. Depending on the severity of the infraction local law enforcement will be contacted.
- Use of flash photography is not permitted within panels and/or events.
- Video recording is allowed except where noted above (photography not allowed / limited areas). However, video recording may not permitted in certain rooms (mostly R/18+ events and panels).
- At FrostCon 2017, there will be all forms of press and media taking pictures, video and audio recordings throughout the weekend. By visiting the convention, you are hereby releasing your likeness to all media outlets. Your attendance constitutes your agreement to be photographed, recorded, or taken video of anywhere on the convention grounds. This agreement extends to all Press/Media Guests that will be attending the convention.
- Each attendee is responsible for any and all damages he/she may cause to convention or hotel property.
- Each attendee recognizes that FrostCon and its affiliates are not responsible for his/her lost, stolen, or damaged property.
- Each attendee understands that his/her FrostCon pass is non-refundable and non-transferable for any reason.
- Each attendee understands that if he/she violates convention, hotel rules or local laws/by-laws, it could result in revocation of his/her pass without a refund, banishment from future FrostCon's and/or legal action.
- Each attendee understands that he/she or his/her child(ren) on the behalf of the aforementioned waive any claims against FrostCon, Seaway Valley Conventions, Inc. and its affiliates, officers, agents, volunteers, and sponsors from all liability for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of any discipline imposed for failure to behave accordingly, and on account of any injury, including death and property damage, whether caused by accident, negligence or otherwise.
- FrostCon is owned by Seaway Valley Conventions, Inc. It makes no guarantees regarding the appearances of guests, hosts, panels, or any performance groups. Seaway Valley Conventions, Inc., its staff and any affiliates are not responsible for any loss, damage, theft, or injury occurring during the convention. Attendees are wholly responsible for their individual actions and any repercussions that may result. Staff is on hand for assistance in any situation, and will be glad to help in anyway they can. Civil or medical emergencies will be handled by the appropriate local police, fire or EMS services.